Meprate 10mg Tablet
Information About Meprate 10mg Tablet
The main component of the Meprate 10mg Tablet is the Medroxyprogesterone acetate. The medicine treats irregular periods, thickening of the uterus, and uterine bleeding.
Meprate 10mg Tablet Uses
- In the treatment of Amenorrhea, Endometrial hyperplasia, and irregular bleeding
Meprate 10mg Tablet Benefits
- Meprate contains a synthetic form of progestin. Doctors suggest this medication when a body cannot produce enough of this hormone.
- The hormone plays a significant part in maintaining regular menses in a female’s body.
- It prevents the overgrowth in the uterine lining, promotes hormonal balance, and relieves painful symptoms during periods.
Meprate Tablet Side Effects
After taking this hormonal medication, you may experience some unpleasant side effects. Usually, they resolve after the body adjusts to the drug and do not need medical attention.
- Breast pain
- Hair loss
- Stomach ache
- Abdominal cramps
- Urine retention
- Vaginal Infection
Inform your gynecologist if the symptoms persist or cause severe discomfort.
How to use Meprate 10mg Tablet
- Take the Meprate dosage as per the doctor’s instructions.
- Swallow the medicine at once with a glass of water.
- Do not crush or break the tablet prior to consumption.
- Avoid chewing the tablet.
- Take it with or without food according to the doctor’s advice.
- The medicine is unsafe for a pregnant lady and liver and kidney patients.
- Avoid consuming alcohol while using this medication.
- Do not drive a vehicle or handle machinery after taking this drug, as it may cause headaches.
Meprate Tablet for PCOS costs ₹59.8 per pack of 10 Tablets.
Q1. Is there any chance of pregnancy after taking Meprate?
No. There is no chance of getting pregnant after taking this medicine.
Q2. Is meprate harmful for pregnancy?
Yes. Pregnant women must not take this medication, especially during their first trimester.
Q3. Is Meprate a birth control pill?
No. It is not a contraceptive pill and does not prevent pregnancy.