Information About Monticope Tablet
Monticope Tablet belongs to the class of anti-allergic drugs. It comprises Levocetirizine and Montelukast as its active ingredients. The medicine treats hay fever, sneezing, runny nose, and other symptoms of allergic rhinitis.
Monticope Tablet Uses
- Treats seasonal allergies (allergic rhinitis)
Monticope Tablet Benefits
- Levocetirizine, an anti-histamine, blocks the action of histamines, allergy-causing chemicals, in the body and reduces allergic reactions.
- Meanwhile, Montelukast stops the leukotriene responsible for inflammation and irritation in the nose and other body parts.
Side Effects of Monticope
Here is a list of side effects that you may experience after using this anti-histamine drug. Most of them are temporary and mild.
- Dryness in mouth
Inform your doctor if these adverse effects irritate you for too long or worsen with time.
How to use Monticope Tablet
- Do not crush or break the tablet before consuming.
- Swallow the Tablet as a whole with water.
- Take the medicine with or without food, as the doctor says.
- Avoid chewing it during consumption.
- Take the Monticope dosage at the same time every day to maintain its consistency.
- Do not miss out on your doses.
- Consult the doctor before stopping the medicine.
- Refrain from overusing.
- The medicine is not safe for liver and kidney patients. Only when the doctor says otherwise should you use this medication under these conditions.
- Do not drive after taking the Monticope pill.
A strip of 10 Monticope tablets costs ₹80.96.
Q1. What is the Monticope Tablet dosage for adults?
Consult a doctor for the personalized dose of the Monticope Tablet according to your illness and medical history.
Q2. What is the Monticope composition?
Levocetirizine and Montelukast are the main components.
Q3. Can I stop using the Tablet once the symptoms are gone?
Always ask your doctor before discontinuing the medication. Even after the symptoms are gone, you should complete the treatment. Abruptly stopping the usage of this medication can result in the return of the illness.