Information About Aldactone 25 mg Tablet
This diuretic drug reduces aldosterone levels by getting rid of excess elements in our bodies through urine. Thus regulating the salt and water balance. It contains spironolactone, which helps manage blood pressure and reduces swelling due to fluid retention. This tablet also maintains potassium levels in the blood, preventing hypokalemia.
Aldactone 25 Tablet Uses
Doctors prescribe Aldactone Tablets for the following health conditions:
- Heart failure
- High Blood pressure
- Cirrhosis of the liver
- Nephrotic syndrome
- High aldosterone level
Aldactone 25 Tablet Benefits
Some of the benefits Aldactone Tablet can provide are as follows:
- Provides relief from swelling, weight gain, and shortness of breath
- Improves heart and muscle functions by regulating potassium levels
- Keeps blood pressure balanced by removing excess salt and water from the body
- May help with hormonal problems like PCOS, acne, and hirsutism
Aldactone 25 Tablet Side Effects
Aldactone Tablet may cause some common to severe side effects as follows:
- Nausea and weakness
- Tingling sensation
- Irregular heartbeats
- Increased thirst
- Chest pain
- Muscle pain
How To Use Aldactone 25 Tablet
Take prescribed doses of Aldactone Tablets with food or milk or as directed by the physician. Consume this medicine at a fixed time every day, preferably early in the evening, to prevent the urge to urinate at night. Do not stop this medicine abruptly before consulting with your doctor.
Aldactone 25 mg Price
A single strip containing 15 Aldactone Tablets comes at the price of INR 31.
- Do not stop the medication suddenly before taking the doctor’s advice
- People with kidney diseases, high potassium levels, urinating problems, or Addison’s disease must take a doctor’s advice before taking this medicine
- Strictly do not self-medicate
- Go for regular health check-ups
- Store in a cool, dry, and hygienic place
- Avoid salty food.
Q1. What is the difference between Aldactone 20 mg and 25 mg tablets?
Both of the aldactone tablets are the same diuretic drug but with different strengths, prescribed according to the medical needs of the patient.
Q2. Is Aldactone a blood thinner?
No, it is not a blood thinner. Its function is to release excess fluid from the body, prevent potassium loss, and lower blood pressure.
Q3. What to avoid while taking Aldactone?
One must not consume potassium supplements, salty foods, alcohol, medications that affect blood pressure and electrolyte levels, and grapefruit while taking Aldactone.