It is really intriguing how neem water brings wonders to your healthy lifestyle. Although it does not have a pleasant taste, it has a number of advantages. Neem water is well known for its antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal properties. Neem water is not just a common drink but is also used to aid numerous health diseases. Indians have preferred boiled neem water for drinking for ages, it has been considered as one of the beneficial traditional drinks to cure illness. You should give it a shot and make it a part of your life. Let’s enter the world of neem water and enjoy its numerous benefits.
13 Amazing Benefits of Boiled Neem Water For Drinking
Neem water is known for its antibacterial and antiviral properties. It is also believed that neem water supervises your overall health. So, Give it a try and experience the following benefits:
1. Recovers Wound
Neem leaf extracts promote wound healing as observed in the studies. Neem water contains antimicrobial properties that help in improving infection and offer fast recovery. But make sure to take complete care of your wound and protect it from getting infected. Neem water is also used as a rinse for cleaning the wound. So, don’t hesitate to prepare yourself with neem water and utilize this natural remedy.
2. Defeats Diabetes
Neem extracts have shown great antidiabetic activities in the studies. Neem water reduces the activities of glucosidase enzymes which are responsible for breaking complex carbohydrates into glucose. Having boiled neem water for drinking helps in lowering the blood sugar levels and improves insulin sensitivity. It works against diabetic mellitus and therefore helps in managing diabetes. However, diabetes patients should consult a doctor before having any herbal drink.
3. Elevate Liver Health
Taking good care of your liver is very important as the liver performs many essential functions in the body. Drinking neem water every day detoxifies your liver and supports its natural functions. It restores the levels of liver enzymes which leads to positive effects. The presence of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties protects the liver from major damage and hence repairs the liver.
4. Fights Infection
Neem water has shown very impressive work against several foodborne bacteria. It is believed that neem water also helps in stopping the bacterial growth. Its antibacterial and antifungal effects help in treating various infections. However, neem water should not replace any medical treatment and proper diagnosis should be taken for treating any infection. It is always important to take expert advice before taking any drink.
5. Boosts Immunity
Neem water has 130 biologically active compounds which strengthens the immune system. It relieves you from viral and bacterial diseases. With enhancing the action of the immune system neem water is a good immune stimulant. The antimicrobial and antioxidant properties protect you against free radicals and contribute to the immune system. You can get enhanced benefits from the immunomodulatory properties by Drinking neem water everyday.
6. Purifies Blood
Neem is a trusted detoxifying agent that helps remove toxins from the blood and promotes blood purification. Boiled neem water for drinking is a great step to eliminate the impurities from the bloodstream. When it enters your system it starts working on your cells and cleans your blood completely. Drinking neem water will not only remove toxins but also it will lead you to an utterly healthier and refreshed life.
7. Promotes Hair Health
In your busy schedule, you often forget to take good care of your hair health. And, if not during the day, then can we drink neem juice at night? Well, yes, we can surely consume this drink at night. Neem water fights off parasites that harm your hair and skin. Neem water defends from lice and dandruff by restricting the parasite’s reproduction process. As we already discussed, neem consists of anti-inflammatory properties that fight off dandruff and remove scalp irritation. Thus it nourishes your scalp and promotes beautiful thick hair growth.
8. Elevates Digestion
Due to poor nutrition, you often suffer digestive issues. Preparing boiled neem water for drinking on an empty stomach can help in relieving digestive problems. Astringent properties of neem water bring down the formation of gas and reduce flatulence, abdominal issues, and bloating. The abundance of fiber content in neem water becomes the one easy remedy for constipation. The antacid properties of neem leaves restrict the formation of acids in the stomach and treat ulcers, gastritis, and heartburn.
9. Assists Oral Health
Bad breath is one major problem not only for oral health but also causes embarrassment in public. Every organic toothpaste you use has neem bark as its main ingredient. The reason is its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antiseptic properties. The germ-killing characteristics of neem water eliminate bad breath and oral cavities and thus prevent swelling, bleeding, and other oral issues. You can easily use a twig of neem and brush your teeth for a refreshing breath.
10. Foster Skin Health
In this polluted environment, your skin gets dull and dirty which sometimes makes you feel low. Don’t worry! Wash your face and body with neem water and welcome clean and radiant skin. Neem contains antimicrobial properties that purify the blood and manage inflammatory conditions like eczema, skin eruptions, boils, and psoriasis. Also when the neem paste is applied to the face, it delays aging signs like wrinkles, blemishes, and fine lines and activates a glowing appearance.
11. Fights Bugs
Nowadays, insects and bugs are the root cause of many severe health problems. These bugs do not only contaminate food but cause food poisoning. Insect bites create problems like itching, rashes, fever, and some serious infections. Dengue, malaria, chikungunya, yellow fever are some lethal insect infectious. Neem extracts form an absolute remedy for all such types of insects and microbes.
12. Destroys Cancer Cells
All the medicinal properties are stored in neem extracts but one most important thing neem can do is eliminate cancerous cells. Cancer is a lifetime disease and any of your daily activity can trigger the risk of cancer. Studies found that neem has phytochemicals called Nimbolide, a cancer-fighting agent that combats throat, pancreas, and prostate cancer. Drinking neem water on a daily basis keeps a limit on cancer cells loafing around.
13. Promotes Weight Loss
Regular consumption of neem water helps you lose weight. Neem aids in the breakdown of body fat and improves your metabolism. Combining lemon and honey in neem water can help you reduce appetite and help in digestion and stomach pain. Filling up your glass with boiled neem water for drinking will directly contribute to weight loss. If you have made neem water a part of your diet then make sure to perform regular exercises for better results.
Don’t wait! Give a Good Taste To Neem Water
You might be wondering about the ways to make neem water as tasty as possible, given the fact that it is bitter. So, all you need is just lemon and honey to modify the drink. Here are the steps to give a delicious taste to neem water:
- Boil the leaves of neem in clean water for at least 5-10 minutes.
- Let the leaves cool down to normal room temperature.
- Add squeezed lemon juice and one teaspoon of honey to enhance its taste.
- Stir it well and serve it in a glass. Cheers to this tasty and refreshing drink.
DIY Neem Face Packs: Enhance Your Skin Health
Neem single-handedly keeps a check on your well-being. As we all know the benefits of boiled neem water for drinking but do you know neem face packs can do wonders to your skin? Let’s try preparing some DIY neem face packs and give your skin a natural boost.
- Neem and Turmeric Face Pack– Mix neem powder with a pinch of turmeric powder and add some rose water drops to support the paste. Apply the paste on your face for 15-20 minutes and wash it off with normal water. This pack is usually prepared to remove acne and brighten your skin.
- Neem And Honey Face Pack- Take raw honey and mix it with neem powder to form a smooth paste. Apply this easy paste on your face and leave it for 20 minutes. Rinse it off with water and enjoy the moisturizing effects.
- Neem Scrub- Mix neem leaves and orange peel preparing a powder. Add milk and 1 tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice with some fresh honey drops. Make a paste out of it and apply gently on your face for 15 minutes. Repeat the process on alternative days and observe the wrinkle-free skin.
- Neem And Multani Mitti(fuller’s earth) Face Pack- Bring multani mitti and mix it with neem powder and a little water to make a paste. Apply gently on your face and leave it until it dries. Wash your face with water and you will notice that this pack helps you control oiliness and unclog pores.
Embrace the Use Of Neem Water in Your Daily Regimen
Incorporating neem water into your daily routine is a good option to keep your health in check. Hurry up! Take a look at some of the few ways:
- Boiled Neem Water For Drinking- Start your day by consuming a glass of neem water early in the morning on an empty stomach. It will eliminate toxins from the body and help you with strong immunity.
- Skin Toner- After cleansing your face, apply neem water with cotton balls as a natural toner. It will help you purify your glowing skin.
- Hair Wash- After shampooing your hair use neem water as a final touch to your hair. It will work as a conditioner and will promote a healthy scalp and restrict dandruff.
- Oral Rinse- Gargle with neem water to maintain oral hygiene, freshen your breath, and prevent gum diseases. Daily gargling will support your oral health.
- Plant Spray- You can use neem water as a natural pesticide by diluting neem water and spraying it on plants to protect them from pests and diseases.
Downfalls of Neem Water Ingestion
After exploring the interesting facts about neem, let’s talk about the potential side effects of eating neem leaves on empty stomach:
- Hypoglycemic effects of neem are observed with its excess consumption, which then causes dizziness and weakness in the body.
- Sometimes neem leaf extracts block ovulation partially and reduce fertility.
- Overly drinking neem water everyday leads to allergic reactions like stomatitis which refers to the inflammation in the mouth.
- Excessive intake of neem water creates stomach irritation, indigestion, etc.
- Liver patients face liver injuries and damage with overconsumption.
After digging the wonders of neem water we know that neem water is not just regular water but there are numerous advantages of it to our health and well-being. The multiple qualities and healing properties of neem make it a household favorite. Preparing boiled neem water for drinking promotes hair growth, benefits your skin health and enhances your lifestyle. It is a well-known remedy in many families. There are certain risks of drinking neem water everyday when consumed abundantly. People having severe diseases and health problems should consult a doctor before consuming these herbal drinks.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, drinking neem water at night helps to detoxify your body and boosts your immunity.
Boiled neem water helps to extract the advantageous compounds from neem leaves and supports our overall health. Neem water eliminates bacteria and ensures a safer and cleaner drinking experience.
Neem water fights off parasites and gives strength to the scalp, contributing to hair growth.
Drinking excessive neem water leads to liver injuries, miscarriage, and stomach irritation.
3-4 neem leaves steeped in hot water or 2-3 tablespoons of neem juice per day is safe and healthy to drink.