Cold, cough and fever is a major issue in everyone’s healthy life. We always try to avoid medications and go for easy and helpful remedies. One of the best things that could be useful is to prepare lemon, ginger, and honey water. This water gives a delicious taste with so many health benefits. Benefits of ginger and lemon water are highly impactful as these ingredients in the water attack all the disturbing symptoms. This combination is used for a very long time to treat respiratory problems like cold and cough. All these ingredients carry antioxidant properties and are recommended for digestion. This water has its own goodness and therefore mixed together to make an influential drink. One should definitely go for this delicious drink and enjoy its benefits.
Health Perks of Ginger and Lemon Water
Ginger and lemon water is considered as a special and tasty herbal tonic that can be really soothing and effective. It not only helps you get some good sleep but is also very helpful for our daily health when consumed early in the morning. Below are some interesting benefits of ginger and lemon water in the morning:
- Treats uneasy stomach and vomiting- Gingerol is present in ginger that helps fight nausea and vomiting during pregnancy. It also cures general stomach pain as well.
- Helps in obesity- Satiety present in ginger reduces hunger and lemon increases insulin resistance that helps in reducing weight. When both are mixed together to prepare a drink, metabolism is increased and your body remains fit and trim.
- Boosts immunity- Lemon is highly rich in vitamin C and has a good antioxidant properties. It helps you reduce infection and relieves pain. Lemon and ginger when mixed together boosts immunity and offer the best benefits of ginger and lemon water in the morning.
- Lowers heart disease risks- Simply adding this drink to your daily routine can improve your cardiovascular system. Its properties help in increasing the blood flow in the arteries and veins and thus it stops the chances of heart attacks and other heart conditions.
- Helps in hydration- Because ginger and lemon are mixed with water, it keeps your body hydrated. If you are well hydrated then your kidney, heart, and other things stay healthy and it functions correctly.
- Dental care- ginger and lemon water consists of antibacterial properties, which help in preventing plaque accumulation over the teeth and keeps margin within the gums, prevent gum disease, gingivitis and the risk of oral cancer.
- Regulation in mood swings- Ginger and lemon are a good source to improve brain power and concentration. It is a popular saying that ginger may give cognitive benefits.
- Functioning of liver- The citric acid present in lemon helps in purifying the liver. Lemon ginger water helps in detoxing the body by eliminating all the toxins.
How to Prepare Ginger Lemon Water
You will find ginger and lemon anywhere in your nearby grocery stores as it is a very common ingredient used in our households. One can prepare a delicious tea, which enhances benefits of ginger lemon water by following the steps below:
- Slice a piece of ginger as finely as you can, also you can grate the ginger.
- Add the ginger with water and boil it for 20 minutes.
- Slice a lemon in finely and leave some lemon slices for garnishing.
- Add those finely cut lemons in the boiled water and simmer it for the last 5 minutes.
- Remove the ingredients and serve it in a cup and drink this tea accordingly. Don’t forget to garnish each cup with the resolved lemon slices. It gives a delicious taste in both hot and cold form.
Benefits of ginger lemon water are enjoyed by everyone. However, if you are allergic to ginger or lemon, in particular, it’s best that you consult your doctor before directly consuming it. Some of the side effects that may incur to persons consuming this drink are as follows:
- In a bad inflammatory condition, you can suffer from severe heartburn problems.
- Due to excessive consumption it can create severe gas issues in the stomach.
- Consuming more than 4 grams of ginger can lead to severe stomach pain.
- A burning sensation in the mouth for a long time can be felt with the overuse of this drink.
Note: Heart diseases, diabetes and gallstone patients should definitely consult their respective doctor before making this drink part of their diet.
Is Ginger Lemon Water Safe During Pregnancy?
This drink is most likely to be in favor for pregnant ladies as there are many benefits of ginger and lemon water, like it soothes your tummy and helps you get relaxed from anxiety. Ginger lemon tea can be beneficial during the labor pain in pregnancy. Pre-eclampsia is a complication faced during pregnancy which is also believed to be reduced with this very easy drink. But there are always mixed and doubtful views on such herbal teas. Even if ginger and lemon are nature’s product it doesn’t mean that they are necessarily safe. It is always recommended that a pregnant lady should see a doctor before intaking such drinks as it can always interfere with the medication consumed in pregnancy, creating problems for the mother and the baby as well.
The super beneficial Ginger lemon water is a wonderful combination to have your energetic side boost up within minutes. Not only does it give a refreshing and relaxing taste but a number of health benefits of ginger and lemon water. It prevents you from digestion, boosts your immune system and recovers you from nausea and inflammation. In addition, this water fights against radicals because of its superb antioxidant properties. This combinated water targets you to lead a good and perfect well-being but too much of anything is harmful and can take you anywhere near danger. So, it is very important to consume ginger lemon water in moderation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, one can have it everyday but make sure to drink it in moderation.
Well course, ginger and lemon both are good sources for reducing weight.
The most observed benefit is reducing nausea, vomiting and bringing freshness to your health.
Ingredients like honey for sweetness and mint for refreshment can enhance this drink effectively.
It is healthy for most people but excessive consumption can create some issues in the stomach.