Aloe vera or aloe barbadensis is a very popular plant having antioxidant and antibacterial properties. It is a thick short-stemmed plant that stores water in its leaves. In ancient times, Aloe Vera was particularly used by the Egyptians and Greeks for medicinal purposes.
Aloe vera originates from the Arabian Peninsula but also grows in tropical, semi-tropical and arid climates around the world. One of the best health benefits of drinking aloe vera juice is it treats skin injuries and is useful for reducing dental plaque, accelerating wound healing, preventing wrinkles and managing sugar level. Consuming Aloe Vera juice helps people in improving their digestion, as it has anti-inflammatory properties.
Aloe Vera Juice In Your Everyday Life
Aloe vera has a very impressive nutritional value. It is rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, beta carotene, folic acid, calcium and magnesium. Some of the extraordinary advantages of the intake of Aloe Vera includes the following:
- Improves digestion, constipation, acidity and gastrointestinal problems.
- Obesity is a major problem for so many people, it is helpful in reducing weight.
- Promotes skin clarity and removes sunburns and scars.
- Conditions like Psoriasis and eczema have improved.
- It alleviates some of the acids in your stomach that bring heartburn.
- Beta carotene element of aloe vera improves eye health.
- Chances of diabetes and heart diseases are reduced.
How to Extract Aloe Vera Juice?
Aloe vera juice is available in the general and medical stores or you can prepare it in your homes. People who want to consume aloe vera juice can obtain it by crushing and grinding its leaves, which extracts the gel from the leaves. After extracting the gel and mixing it with water, one can obtain freshly made aloe vera juice, ready to be savored.
If you want to buy aloe vera juice from stores you must know that some commercials might add preservatives to extend its durability which can affect the health benefits of drinking aloe vera juice.
Skin And Hair Benefits of Aloe Vera Juice
Aloe vera contains the enzyme bradykinase, which is a strong and active element that can put an end to the signs of inflammation, redness, swelling, and heat. It is impactful for your hair due to its certain properties. Here are some specific reasons for drinking aloe vera juice:
- Helps Soothing Sunburn- Aloe vera has cooling properties, it is the natural remedy for sunburn and burnt skin. It keeps your skin hydrated and helps it look attractive.
- Fights Skin Ageing- The abundance of vitamin C, E, and beta carotene has anti aging and antimicrobial properties that eradicate skin blemishes and diminish aging lines.
- Reduces Infection and Acne- The antimicrobial properties help in treating pimples without causing any damages.
- Boosts Healing the wounds- Aloe vera helps in reducing the time of healing as it reaches the outer layer of the skin faster than normal water.
- Helps in Hair Growth- Aloe Vera not only activates new hair growth but also helps in circulating blood to the scalp.
- Reduces Dandruff- Aloe vera heals the dry skin, fungal infection and excessively oily skin. It provides vitamins and minerals that work as a remedy for scalp.
- Conditioning Hair- Just like the moisturizer, aloe vera conditions the hair and softens it, making your hair look lustrous and shiny
- Hair Mask- Besides all the qualities, you can make a hair mask of aloe vera and apply it for a few minutes, it will help reduce the split ends and the dryness in your hair and thus gives commendable benefits of aloe vera juice.
Can You Drink Aloe Vera Everyday?
Aloe vera juice is absolutely safe to drink everyday. But overconsumption can create problems in your healthy life. A cup of aloe vera juice a day is a good limit but drinking more won’t give you more benefits. Make sure to check the suitability of aloe vera juice in your body. To ensure the same, you can first drink a limited amount of the juice to see how your body reacts to it. There might be a lot of benefits of aloe vera drink but it can create some side effects as well. Before drinking it make sure to not consume it more frequently otherwise it will start showing negative reactions.
Complications of Aloe Vera Juice
Few side effects have been experienced with the over use of aloe vera juice. The most common side effects seen are:
- cramps in abdomen
- Red urine problem
- Potassium loss in urine
- colorectal cancer.
- Sudden fatigue
- Drop in sugar level
- Lactating issues
- stomach discomfort
In brief, Aloe Vera juice contains a variety of advantageous properties, helpful in improving one’s physical health. However, overconsumption of Aloe Vera can lead you to various severe causes. So, wherever you are including it in your daily routine, ensure to consume a certain amount only. If you are not sure whether it will suit you or not, please consider taking a sample, or visit your doctor for consultation. Rest assured, if taken in a moderate amount, there are no such disadvantages from the intake of Aloe Vera. There should be a perfect balance while intaking it, so that you can enjoy the benefits of drinking aloe vera. Adding a limited amount of aloe vera juice to your daily lifestyle can bring amazing results. Not only skin and hair but it is essential for our internal health like digestion, hydration and mindfulness.
Frequently Asked Questions
Aloe vera is safe when consumed in moderation and in a limited amount.
Aloe vera juice is trusted for benefiting in hydration, skin care and digestion.
Aloe Vera is helpful in controlling the body weight, thus, improving obesity.
In pregnancy and lactation, over use of aloe vera juice can create serious health problems.
Yes, it might be used in anti-diabetes doses.